About Me

Managing director of the 0800handyman franchise which covers Crawley, Horsham, Dorking, Guildford, Farnham and surrounding areas

Friday 29 June 2007

Sleeping Beauty

Today I had what seemed to be a straight forward job in a studio flat, simply clean mould from the kitchen and living/bedroom ceilings, paint with stain block and finish with white emulsion.
I arrived at 9am as arranged, with the landlords set of keys, I knocked at the door just in case somebody was in, there was no answer so I let myself in. To my surprise in the living/bedroom there was a person in bed asleep, with the noise of me entering the flat the person stirred just enough to say he was expecting me, at this point I said I would start work in the kitchen thinking they would now get up.
Wrong!
On completing the work in the kitchen, I then started in the living/bedroom with this person snoring loudly in bed, what do you, do wake them up, or just carry on around them. Being a kind sort of chap I worked around them instead if waking them up which was easier said than done with the curtains closed.Even with cleaning the mould off the ceiling applying the stain block and then painting he continued to sleep.
Finally the job was finished bar a small area of ceiling directly above the bed I which I was unable to reach due to sleeping beauty.As I drove away I wondered when he wakes up will he remember the few words with me when I arrived or will he wonder what happened to the coiling while he was asleep and why is there a dirty area above the bed!

No comments: